Saturday 20 April 2013

Stranger Expression - Kristen

Wow, THAT was scary!

I got the dates wrong on this 1 and had a nice place for the weekend, a day after shooting ended. And while I am sure that I could have snuck them in, it is against the spirit of the challenge and I have made a goal with myself to get the pictures on time.

Friday night I ventured into Adelaide. My husband was having drinks and dinner after work and I was to pick him up so thought I could sit in Rundle Mall for an hour or so snapping away and hopefully getting braver. It turned out dinner and drinks was just drinks and he called me only 10 minutes after I arrived, so I have had to pick the best of the limited shots I got.

I knew as soon as I had taken this that shutter speed was not quick enough, I'm so annoyed about that but I liked it anyway. This little girl was having such a great time with her Dad.


Then I looked around and saw these 2 girls enjoying their evening, such a typical sight with teenagers these days.


Rundle Mall has some well known sculptures of pigs. Kids always love to play on and around the pigs and have their photos taken, I thought sitting near the pigs would give me a chance at a picture but nothing eventuated until I just got up to go and meet hubby and saw this little girl run by begging her Mum for a photo. Not as much expression as she had when she was running by but the best I could get.


I am not overly happy with any of these but I am loving the challenges and how they make me try different things and move away from my comfort zone. I would actually love to go and do this again on a nice sunny day.

6 comments:

  1. These look awesome! I think you did really well with the challenge! Love the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! Love how the girls have their legs up the same, and the last one is very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this collection, especially the last shot. I feel like I learned a little bit about Adelaide too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering how you'd go in the mall at night since the light isn't too great. Excellent job and it really shows what the people in Rundle Mall are like on a Friday night. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, I wish I had the little girl in focus on her Dad's shoulders but as Kerri said, the light is not good and I had already pushed the ISO right up. I haven't been into the Mall for ages, and can't rememebr the last time I went at night. I thought the lighting would be better so just did the best I could with what I had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did well for a tricky lighting situation. Love the pig statues - so cute. The teen girls are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete