Sunday 21 April 2013

IMGA6375Theme 7: Stranger Expression - Tanya

Eek! I swear I felt my blood run cold when reading the theme for this fortnight! I was all set for my second failure at posting up a theme in a row, until Hannah let me know of a celebration of Buddha's birthday happening this weekend, so I joined her this morning for a few shots.

I still felt very self conscience and only came away with 35 shots, but managed to get 3 ok ones from the set. Whilst not my best ever photos, I was pleased to have finally taken a photo of a stranger, but could not have done it without moral support from Hannah - so many thanks for the invite :)


We started off inside while the blessings and celebrations were taking place. I chose this one as while it isn't a wildly expressive shot, her expression captures what felt like a very serene event.
IMGA6375



We then went outside amongst all the food stalls and got some more shots there.

Cooking and taking orders.
IMGA6379br />

Enjoying the snacks. These potato twists were awesome! Hannah and I had one each - so bad but so good :)
IMGA6392

4 comments:

  1. I think you did so great! Especially considering you only took 35 shots. I love the second one, you really caught the character of that lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! The images really do give a feel for what it was like and I think the last one is a great portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photos. Love them all, especially the second 1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love a potato twist too! Love the colours in the first shot :)

    ReplyDelete